Looking Back at 2016
2016 was an amazing year for us at Sun Solar.
So much growth and accomplishment took place this year. We couldn’t have done it without our customers, supporters, business partners, and dedicated employees. Let’s look at some of the most memorable moments of 2016!
-Sun Solar partnered with Smart Energy Solutions to bring our customers even more energy efficiency! Smart Energy Solutions continues to be a key component for our business because it reduces our customers’ energy needs. We are the only solar company in the state of Missouri to offer this service and proud to do so.
-In August, we successfully launched and hosted ‘Solar Day’ at the Farmer’s Market in Farmer’s Park. We even included a live demonstration of a solar panel installation. Around 100 people attended to watch the demonstration and learn first-hand how solar is powering businesses and homes all over the Ozarks.
We also recieved awards in 2016!
- Ranked # 156 on the Inc. 5000’s List of the Fastest-Growing Companies in the U.S.
- Secured 1st place in Missouri for Fastest-Growing Energy Companies
- Secured 2nd Place in Missouri for Fastest-Growing Companies Overall
- Ranked #9 for Fastest Energy Company Growth in U.S.
- Ranked # 195 on Solar Power World’s 2016 Top Solar Contractors
We had some LARGE installations!
- Greenfield School District
- O’Reilly Auto Parts (12 locations including: Willard, Joplin (2), Noel, Forsyth, Hollister, Ozark (2), Seneca, Webb City, Branson, & Sparta)
- Farmer’s Park, Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express, West Plains
WAIT! There’s more!
- Our CEO, Caleb Arthur, testified multiple times this year at Senate hearings in Jefferson City, on behalf of Missouri residents, to remove barriers on the free market for solar panels.
- Our Houston and Springfield offices relocated to a larger spaces to accommodate growth.
- We celebrated Earth Day with the amazing kiddos at Price Elementary.
- May marked four years as a company!
- Renew Missouri’s ‘Renew and Recaptivate’ event was held in our warehouse on June 30th.
- We showed Girl Scout Troop 70791 how to save energy in their homes.
Thank you to our customers for helping to make all that possible!
Here’s to many more great years to come!